August 9, 2019
Ever wondered how I respond to a client who asks for a discount? Or how I started getting known around town for my work as a wedding photographer? I’m diving into YOUR questions today, all about the business of photography — but the information would be so relevant for anyone who is self-employed or has […]
August 1, 2019
How many hours of photography coverage do you need?When should the bridesmaids be finished hair and makeup?How long do we need for family photos?When should we do our first dance?What time does the sun set in August? Is it just me or does it seem totally unfair that a bride and groom have to blindly […]
July 23, 2019
Perfectionism vs. Speed Becca has made it a habit to push aside perfectionism (especially as an artist!) and focus her efforts on creating content that will inspire her following you don’t have to be the top expert in a field to be in a position to teach in fact, Becca finds it inspiring to learn […]
July 17, 2019
A quick episode where I’m sharing a text I received from one of my clients, and the approach I use to stay grounded and apply that compliment to my business with purpose. LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS LISTEN ON GOOGLE PODCASTS
July 16, 2019
“When I started to approach my emotional eating with curiosity instead of judgement and shame, I was finally able to transform my relationship with food.” Approaching a Healthy Relationship with Food: “what can your emotional eating teach you” Ellen didn’t want to be just another health and wellness account, so through her Instagram, @thegoodyolk, she […]
July 12, 2019
Complaining doesn’t fix your problem. In fact, it takes just as much energy to stay in that state of agony over whatever it is you’re complaining about, as it does to put a positive spin on it. Glorification of “Busy” the word hustle has taken on a new meaning, where we glorify the people who […]
July 3, 2019
Fair warning: you might need a pen and a paper because the takeaways in this episode are FIRE. Episode 47 – How to Know If You’re Pricing Too Low Whether you struggle with pricing, negotiating for your worth, low self-esteem, toxic people in your life, or overthinking EVERYTHING — this ep has a little something […]
June 28, 2019
If you think botox is for the rich and famous (AKA your super hot neighbour with the LV bag and the 2 inch nail extensions), that’s so 5 years ago. EVERYONE is getting botox, and it doesn’t make them vain or fake or self-obsessed! Find out more about Concept Medical: WEB / INSTA Episode 46 […]
June 27, 2019
The first of hopefully MANY bonus episodes that dive into some of the topics from a recent call with one of my mentorship clients! If you’re interested in booking a mentorship call, I would LOVE to hear from you! You can contact me here: www.youmightnotlikeit.com BONUS Episode: Pricing Strategy and Instagram Captioning Topics include: pricing […]
June 21, 2019
You’ve heard the man deliver a hilarious celebrity gossip briefing, you’ve heard him discuss a meditation challenge and answer 23 of your best questions, and now he’s back with a YouTube playlist that promises to be a little bit of everything. CHECK IT OUT // Note: Ry recommends you choose your own adventure, either by […]
You know that girlboss who you totally admire and would LOVE to pick her brain over coffee? Well, here's your chance to hear her speak about everything from the tips that make her so successful, to where she finds motivation on any given workday.
Regardless of the industry, our goal is to bring value and show a side of the business you've never seen before.
Gimme a double-high-five emoji if you sometimes fall prey to those nasty, negative thoughts that tell you you'll never reach your goals, so you may as well quit now.
Here's the thing, you can actually turn DOWN the volume on that negativity, and turn UP the volume on the positive. Trust me when I say it's a total game changer to make that switch. And you deserve it.
Need someone to grab you by the shoulders and give you a good shake?
I can be that girl.
There's no coddling, no sugar-coating, no people pleasing on this podcast. If you're looking for rah-rah tales to stroke your ego, this ain't the show for you. But if you're ready for a good ol' dose of TRUTH, let's go.
- fear of success, sounds like it's BS but it's REAL.
- finding comfort in discomfort
- "you can never separate the good from the bad, the planned from the messy, the success from the failure, it all comes together in one package."
- acceptance and change must be at the root of your goal setting
- a look at life coaching
- morning routine
- investing in a personal brand, how much should you spend?
- how to outsource your weaknesses and maximize your strengths
- comparing yourself to others in your industry
- the idea that one day you'll feel like you've "made it" -- is it just an illusion?
- an education in marketing, how jacquie learned to promote her business after moving to a new city
- how do you identify what makes you DIFFERENT?
- finding your ideal client
- mindset and manifestation, what should we know?
- scaling a business for growth
- how does social media affect our self-esteem?
- when is it healthy, and when it is dangerous for our self-worth?
- we need to shift our perspective on METRICS and what these numbers actually mean...
- internet friends vs. real friends (they're not created equal!)
- the highlight reel problem, and how it affects the tolerance of our "messiness"
I shot 387 photo sessions in 10 months and lived to tell about it.
And then some asshole on Facebook told me I was stealing food out of his kids' mouths and ruining the industry.
Looking back I know this was my business bootcamp, and I'm sharing the highs and lows in this episode.
- a special episode in honour of world down syndrome day, about the birth of my niece Evelyn
- optimism in the face of life's biggest curveball
- one of the most talked about episodes since the podcast's launch, a must-listen that will fill you with positivity and a deeper understanding of gratitude.
- a term I'm calling "the lazy brain," which tells you it's okay to put your feet up and relax once your business takes off
- lazy brain is a liar, because there's always someone who is hungry for your spot in the market
- tips for staying on top of your customer care in your small business, no excuses
- what is your most valuable deliverable -- don't skip this step!
Don't mind the salty title, this episode has a wholesome message about learning to be intentional with every minute in your day.
In this unabashedly honest episode, I'm talking about the power of saying no, and what it really feels like to take selfish CARE of your star player (that's you.)
- a few rules of thumb for sharing photos you didn't take
- tips for keeping your feed authentic, even if it's curated
- if you're a non-visual creator, like a writer or a speaker, I have some tips for producing visual content that doesn't require a camera
- if you're scared of posting "incorrectly," we can fix that
Have a question?
Looking to collaborate?
Or simply hoping to say "hi"?.