April 5, 2019
Fake Internet Points: Reddit coined the term “fake internet points” but what is the equivalent in other platforms? for Instagram: we’re talking about likes comments, verified checkmark, etc. these numbers hold massive meaning in our lives but what happens when these numbers start to impact our self-esteem? Why Does Social Media Impact Our Self […]
March 31, 2019
After following Promise Tangeman’s design work for over 7+ years, I can’t tell you how exciting it was to have her join for an episode of You Might Not Like It! I knew that I could listen for HOURS to Promise’s thoughts on personal branding strategies, but since she works so hard to make those […]
March 27, 2019
I have a feeling this will end up being the first in a loooooong line of “secrets revealed” podcast episodes. I’ve been a professional wedding and engagement photographer for 8+ years and strongly believe that when we SHARE our secrets and help others learn from our experiences, we are also speaking straight to our potential […]
March 21, 2019
This episode is close to my heart as it explores a story that is very personal to our family: the birth of my niece Evelyn Joy. You may have enjoyed Episode 11 where I introduce my brother Scott Hurren as he shares his views on seeing the universe’s challenges as opportunities to thrive. Well, he’s […]
March 18, 2019
I was lucky enough to find myself at one of Reagan’s events back in January of 2019, as a speaker on a panel about selling yourself as a “solopreneur.” First and foremost I was so impressed with how well organized the event was! Secondly, it was just such a welcoming experience that felt supportive of […]
March 13, 2019
This episode has been a long time coming! What a pleasure to sit down with Shannon Kennedy of Kennedy Event Planning for coffee and good conversation, especially since she is so bravely sharing a story that I know will be inspiring to many. A few things we discuss during this episode: Standing Out In The […]
March 8, 2019
In case you are NEW to 30 Days of Ryan Kelly, let’s get you up to speed in under 15 seconds — I’ve tasked my husband, Ryan Kelly, a chronic dabbler who doesn’t really have anything that he’s SUPER passionate about, with a new challenge every single month — a task he MUST perform on […]
March 4, 2019
Does Any of This Sound Familiar? You LOVE your work and get ULTRA-focused on one specific task for your small business and go down the rabbit-hole of wasted time… Do you totally forget about Pinterest for 6 months and then panic and pin ALL the things over the next 12-48 hours? In this episode I’m […]
February 28, 2019
This recording was such a pleasure! Kristine is my very first international guest, which is perfectly fitting since we met each other 6 years ago at a conference in North Carolina! Connecting with her via Skype for this recording made it possible for us to chat about such an incredible topic that’s close to both […]
February 22, 2019
Episode 21 – #LKDigest: Ryan Lochte, Root Canals, & The Next Bachelorette I suck at newsletters. So I’d like to introduce you to the next best thing: The LK Digest, AKA the audio version of a catch up session. Say goodbye to formality and structure, because we’re talking about everything under the damn sun in this […]
You know that girlboss who you totally admire and would LOVE to pick her brain over coffee? Well, here's your chance to hear her speak about everything from the tips that make her so successful, to where she finds motivation on any given workday.
Regardless of the industry, our goal is to bring value and show a side of the business you've never seen before.
Gimme a double-high-five emoji if you sometimes fall prey to those nasty, negative thoughts that tell you you'll never reach your goals, so you may as well quit now.
Here's the thing, you can actually turn DOWN the volume on that negativity, and turn UP the volume on the positive. Trust me when I say it's a total game changer to make that switch. And you deserve it.
Need someone to grab you by the shoulders and give you a good shake?
I can be that girl.
There's no coddling, no sugar-coating, no people pleasing on this podcast. If you're looking for rah-rah tales to stroke your ego, this ain't the show for you. But if you're ready for a good ol' dose of TRUTH, let's go.
- fear of success, sounds like it's BS but it's REAL.
- finding comfort in discomfort
- "you can never separate the good from the bad, the planned from the messy, the success from the failure, it all comes together in one package."
- acceptance and change must be at the root of your goal setting
- a look at life coaching
- morning routine
- investing in a personal brand, how much should you spend?
- how to outsource your weaknesses and maximize your strengths
- comparing yourself to others in your industry
- the idea that one day you'll feel like you've "made it" -- is it just an illusion?
- an education in marketing, how jacquie learned to promote her business after moving to a new city
- how do you identify what makes you DIFFERENT?
- finding your ideal client
- mindset and manifestation, what should we know?
- scaling a business for growth
- how does social media affect our self-esteem?
- when is it healthy, and when it is dangerous for our self-worth?
- we need to shift our perspective on METRICS and what these numbers actually mean...
- internet friends vs. real friends (they're not created equal!)
- the highlight reel problem, and how it affects the tolerance of our "messiness"
I shot 387 photo sessions in 10 months and lived to tell about it.
And then some asshole on Facebook told me I was stealing food out of his kids' mouths and ruining the industry.
Looking back I know this was my business bootcamp, and I'm sharing the highs and lows in this episode.
- a special episode in honour of world down syndrome day, about the birth of my niece Evelyn
- optimism in the face of life's biggest curveball
- one of the most talked about episodes since the podcast's launch, a must-listen that will fill you with positivity and a deeper understanding of gratitude.
- a term I'm calling "the lazy brain," which tells you it's okay to put your feet up and relax once your business takes off
- lazy brain is a liar, because there's always someone who is hungry for your spot in the market
- tips for staying on top of your customer care in your small business, no excuses
- what is your most valuable deliverable -- don't skip this step!
Don't mind the salty title, this episode has a wholesome message about learning to be intentional with every minute in your day.
In this unabashedly honest episode, I'm talking about the power of saying no, and what it really feels like to take selfish CARE of your star player (that's you.)
- a few rules of thumb for sharing photos you didn't take
- tips for keeping your feed authentic, even if it's curated
- if you're a non-visual creator, like a writer or a speaker, I have some tips for producing visual content that doesn't require a camera
- if you're scared of posting "incorrectly," we can fix that
Have a question?
Looking to collaborate?
Or simply hoping to say "hi"?.