July 3, 2019
Fair warning: you might need a pen and a paper because the takeaways in this episode are FIRE. Episode 47 – How to Know If You’re Pricing Too Low Whether you struggle with pricing, negotiating for your worth, low self-esteem, toxic people in your life, or overthinking EVERYTHING — this ep has a little something […]
June 28, 2019
If you think botox is for the rich and famous (AKA your super hot neighbour with the LV bag and the 2 inch nail extensions), that’s so 5 years ago. EVERYONE is getting botox, and it doesn’t make them vain or fake or self-obsessed! Find out more about Concept Medical: WEB / INSTA Episode 46 […]
June 27, 2019
The first of hopefully MANY bonus episodes that dive into some of the topics from a recent call with one of my mentorship clients! If you’re interested in booking a mentorship call, I would LOVE to hear from you! You can contact me here: www.youmightnotlikeit.com BONUS Episode: Pricing Strategy and Instagram Captioning Topics include: pricing […]
June 21, 2019
You’ve heard the man deliver a hilarious celebrity gossip briefing, you’ve heard him discuss a meditation challenge and answer 23 of your best questions, and now he’s back with a YouTube playlist that promises to be a little bit of everything. CHECK IT OUT // Note: Ry recommends you choose your own adventure, either by […]
June 18, 2019
What are the “happy excuses” we tell ourselves that stop us from pursuing our next big set of goals? We make things more complicated, more expensive, and WAY more difficult in our minds and we convince ourselves that it’s not even worth it to try. This episode offers a few ways to change that mindset […]
June 13, 2019
Irina is one of those people who makes you wonder, “where do you get the energy?!” She’s living the Canadian dream and making big moves as a realtor in Ottawa under Blue Panda Realty. In this episode we get really specific about the tools required to use social media as a BUSINESS CARD, not a […]
June 11, 2019
We’re all out there looking for answers — ESPECIALLY from our gurus. We look to their success and try to build out the pieces to replicate it for ourselves. We think we’re just one discovery away from the next big “secret” that’s going to skyrocket our businesses or iron out the kinks in our personal […]
June 5, 2019
Everyone’s talking about being authentic… being vulnerable… But is it coming from a truly authentic and vulnerable place? Or are we just hopping on the band-wagon of what’s cool and trendy in personal branding? Same goes for that girl you went to high school with who suddenly posts pics in her undies and shows off […]
May 31, 2019
You’re high on life after spending 14 hours at a conference and meeting 25 new people and learning from some seriously inspiring leaders in your industry — been there, my friend! You’re also a little worried that the high is gonna wear off, and this episode is here to remind you of that very real […]
May 26, 2019
So you wanna go to Disney World and capture every single magical moment? Well babe, sorry to burst the bubble but it’s not gonna happen. At least, it shouldn’t happen! There’s a fine line between documenting the magic and missing out on the experience entirely. In this ep I’m sharing some advice about how to […]
You know that girlboss who you totally admire and would LOVE to pick her brain over coffee? Well, here's your chance to hear her speak about everything from the tips that make her so successful, to where she finds motivation on any given workday.
Regardless of the industry, our goal is to bring value and show a side of the business you've never seen before.
Gimme a double-high-five emoji if you sometimes fall prey to those nasty, negative thoughts that tell you you'll never reach your goals, so you may as well quit now.
Here's the thing, you can actually turn DOWN the volume on that negativity, and turn UP the volume on the positive. Trust me when I say it's a total game changer to make that switch. And you deserve it.
Need someone to grab you by the shoulders and give you a good shake?
I can be that girl.
There's no coddling, no sugar-coating, no people pleasing on this podcast. If you're looking for rah-rah tales to stroke your ego, this ain't the show for you. But if you're ready for a good ol' dose of TRUTH, let's go.
- fear of success, sounds like it's BS but it's REAL.
- finding comfort in discomfort
- "you can never separate the good from the bad, the planned from the messy, the success from the failure, it all comes together in one package."
- acceptance and change must be at the root of your goal setting
- a look at life coaching
- morning routine
- investing in a personal brand, how much should you spend?
- how to outsource your weaknesses and maximize your strengths
- comparing yourself to others in your industry
- the idea that one day you'll feel like you've "made it" -- is it just an illusion?
- an education in marketing, how jacquie learned to promote her business after moving to a new city
- how do you identify what makes you DIFFERENT?
- finding your ideal client
- mindset and manifestation, what should we know?
- scaling a business for growth
- how does social media affect our self-esteem?
- when is it healthy, and when it is dangerous for our self-worth?
- we need to shift our perspective on METRICS and what these numbers actually mean...
- internet friends vs. real friends (they're not created equal!)
- the highlight reel problem, and how it affects the tolerance of our "messiness"
I shot 387 photo sessions in 10 months and lived to tell about it.
And then some asshole on Facebook told me I was stealing food out of his kids' mouths and ruining the industry.
Looking back I know this was my business bootcamp, and I'm sharing the highs and lows in this episode.
- a special episode in honour of world down syndrome day, about the birth of my niece Evelyn
- optimism in the face of life's biggest curveball
- one of the most talked about episodes since the podcast's launch, a must-listen that will fill you with positivity and a deeper understanding of gratitude.
- a term I'm calling "the lazy brain," which tells you it's okay to put your feet up and relax once your business takes off
- lazy brain is a liar, because there's always someone who is hungry for your spot in the market
- tips for staying on top of your customer care in your small business, no excuses
- what is your most valuable deliverable -- don't skip this step!
Don't mind the salty title, this episode has a wholesome message about learning to be intentional with every minute in your day.
In this unabashedly honest episode, I'm talking about the power of saying no, and what it really feels like to take selfish CARE of your star player (that's you.)
- a few rules of thumb for sharing photos you didn't take
- tips for keeping your feed authentic, even if it's curated
- if you're a non-visual creator, like a writer or a speaker, I have some tips for producing visual content that doesn't require a camera
- if you're scared of posting "incorrectly," we can fix that
Have a question?
Looking to collaborate?
Or simply hoping to say "hi"?.