July 23, 2019
Perfectionism vs. Speed Becca has made it a habit to push aside perfectionism (especially as an artist!) and focus her efforts on creating content that will inspire her following you don’t have to be the top expert in a field to be in a position to teach in fact, Becca finds it inspiring to learn […]
July 16, 2019
“When I started to approach my emotional eating with curiosity instead of judgement and shame, I was finally able to transform my relationship with food.” Approaching a Healthy Relationship with Food: “what can your emotional eating teach you” Ellen didn’t want to be just another health and wellness account, so through her Instagram, @thegoodyolk, she […]
June 28, 2019
If you think botox is for the rich and famous (AKA your super hot neighbour with the LV bag and the 2 inch nail extensions), that’s so 5 years ago. EVERYONE is getting botox, and it doesn’t make them vain or fake or self-obsessed! Find out more about Concept Medical: WEB / INSTA Episode 46 […]
June 13, 2019
Irina is one of those people who makes you wonder, “where do you get the energy?!” She’s living the Canadian dream and making big moves as a realtor in Ottawa under Blue Panda Realty. In this episode we get really specific about the tools required to use social media as a BUSINESS CARD, not a […]
May 13, 2019
60 minutes with a mindset coach — you’re welcome in advance. This is one of the most jam-packed episodes when it comes to usable takeaways to improve your life and well-being. What a pleasure to hang with Katie Potratz for an hour to chat about everything from mindset, What the Heck is NLP and EFT?! […]
May 3, 2019
The Little Victories café in Ottawa has a special place in the heart of this podcast. Over many cappuccinos, the words to the first four episodes were written. It was the spot certain bold ideas were turned into actions after consulting with some incredibly talented friends. So to now have Andy Bassett, co-owner of Little […]
April 30, 2019
Creating this episode with actress Stephanie Koenig has been such a wild ride. It all started when my husband and I discovered her on a webseries on Youtube. I took a chance and sent her a DM asking if she would be willing to record an episode together. I honestly could not believe she agreed, […]
April 18, 2019
Meghan Johnston (AKA “Yoga Meghan”), is a certified yoga instructor living in Ottawa, Canada with her partner Eric. Together, they’re on the pursuit of a healthy, holistic lifestyle that fuels them physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Not too much to ask from this life, right? Meghan says not. And I’m with her 100%. I love […]
April 15, 2019
If she were an eyeshadow colour, it would be a metallic shimmery gold explosion of GORGEOUS. Still have questions? Okay, well here’s what you can expect to hear in this ep with the beautiful Jacquie K! The Path to Personal Branding redirecting her life between pursuits of law school and a career in makeup artistry […]
March 31, 2019
After following Promise Tangeman’s design work for over 7+ years, I can’t tell you how exciting it was to have her join for an episode of You Might Not Like It! I knew that I could listen for HOURS to Promise’s thoughts on personal branding strategies, but since she works so hard to make those […]
You know that girlboss who you totally admire and would LOVE to pick her brain over coffee? Well, here's your chance to hear her speak about everything from the tips that make her so successful, to where she finds motivation on any given workday.
Regardless of the industry, our goal is to bring value and show a side of the business you've never seen before.
Gimme a double-high-five emoji if you sometimes fall prey to those nasty, negative thoughts that tell you you'll never reach your goals, so you may as well quit now.
Here's the thing, you can actually turn DOWN the volume on that negativity, and turn UP the volume on the positive. Trust me when I say it's a total game changer to make that switch. And you deserve it.
Need someone to grab you by the shoulders and give you a good shake?
I can be that girl.
There's no coddling, no sugar-coating, no people pleasing on this podcast. If you're looking for rah-rah tales to stroke your ego, this ain't the show for you. But if you're ready for a good ol' dose of TRUTH, let's go.
- fear of success, sounds like it's BS but it's REAL.
- finding comfort in discomfort
- "you can never separate the good from the bad, the planned from the messy, the success from the failure, it all comes together in one package."
- acceptance and change must be at the root of your goal setting
- a look at life coaching
- morning routine
- investing in a personal brand, how much should you spend?
- how to outsource your weaknesses and maximize your strengths
- comparing yourself to others in your industry
- the idea that one day you'll feel like you've "made it" -- is it just an illusion?
- an education in marketing, how jacquie learned to promote her business after moving to a new city
- how do you identify what makes you DIFFERENT?
- finding your ideal client
- mindset and manifestation, what should we know?
- scaling a business for growth
- how does social media affect our self-esteem?
- when is it healthy, and when it is dangerous for our self-worth?
- we need to shift our perspective on METRICS and what these numbers actually mean...
- internet friends vs. real friends (they're not created equal!)
- the highlight reel problem, and how it affects the tolerance of our "messiness"
I shot 387 photo sessions in 10 months and lived to tell about it.
And then some asshole on Facebook told me I was stealing food out of his kids' mouths and ruining the industry.
Looking back I know this was my business bootcamp, and I'm sharing the highs and lows in this episode.
- a special episode in honour of world down syndrome day, about the birth of my niece Evelyn
- optimism in the face of life's biggest curveball
- one of the most talked about episodes since the podcast's launch, a must-listen that will fill you with positivity and a deeper understanding of gratitude.
- a term I'm calling "the lazy brain," which tells you it's okay to put your feet up and relax once your business takes off
- lazy brain is a liar, because there's always someone who is hungry for your spot in the market
- tips for staying on top of your customer care in your small business, no excuses
- what is your most valuable deliverable -- don't skip this step!
Don't mind the salty title, this episode has a wholesome message about learning to be intentional with every minute in your day.
In this unabashedly honest episode, I'm talking about the power of saying no, and what it really feels like to take selfish CARE of your star player (that's you.)
- a few rules of thumb for sharing photos you didn't take
- tips for keeping your feed authentic, even if it's curated
- if you're a non-visual creator, like a writer or a speaker, I have some tips for producing visual content that doesn't require a camera
- if you're scared of posting "incorrectly," we can fix that
Have a question?
Looking to collaborate?
Or simply hoping to say "hi"?.