February 13, 2019
Alternate title: chasing kids & chasing dreams. It’s been so great to get to know Brittany in little pieces over the years. We’d see each other here and there at industry nights and Christmas parties, always with a glass of wine in our hands and a story or two to share. Between us, we’ve got […]
January 30, 2019
LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS // LISTEN ON GOOGLE PODCASTS Yvonne Langen and I have been building a friendship one Sunday evening at a time over the last 6 years. We are both members of the Unputdownable Book Club and have a similarly candid approach to speaking our minds without much of a filter. This was such […]
January 14, 2019
The universe works in mysterious ways, which is the only way to explain the random encounter of myself and Mia St. Aubin after meeting for 1 day over 7 years ago. We’ve both been on a journey to spread positivity, motivation, and self-love in our work — mine with the recent launch of this podcast, […]
January 2, 2019
If you listen carefully, you can hear the tiny children peering through the door of our Dad’s basement office, where Scott and I recorded this episode during our Christmas visit. In this episode, I’m introducing you to one of my very favourite people, my older brother of 9 years, Scott Hurren. Yes, friends, that’s my […]
December 19, 2018
Who records their very first meeting? Laura Kelly and Chantsy, that’s who. Up until 6 minutes before we hit record, we had only ever interacted through our phone screens. But for two people who share a LOT of their lives on social media, it’s very possible to form a real friendship without ever meeting in […]
December 5, 2018
I had a very small window of opportunity for Kristen to agree to being on the podcast. Each time I mentioned recording together her shoulders went up and she quickly changed the subject. Turns out she had reservations about whether she’d have anything valuable to contribute. I reminded her that conversations with regular folk, not […]
November 12, 2018
With a laptop in one hand, a cell phone in the other, and an umbrella resting on my shoulder in the pouring rain, I called my friend Alyssa and asked her for her coffee order. I was hitting up the Starbucks just a few steps from the studio where we were set to record our […]
You know that girlboss who you totally admire and would LOVE to pick her brain over coffee? Well, here's your chance to hear her speak about everything from the tips that make her so successful, to where she finds motivation on any given workday.
Regardless of the industry, our goal is to bring value and show a side of the business you've never seen before.
Gimme a double-high-five emoji if you sometimes fall prey to those nasty, negative thoughts that tell you you'll never reach your goals, so you may as well quit now.
Here's the thing, you can actually turn DOWN the volume on that negativity, and turn UP the volume on the positive. Trust me when I say it's a total game changer to make that switch. And you deserve it.
Need someone to grab you by the shoulders and give you a good shake?
I can be that girl.
There's no coddling, no sugar-coating, no people pleasing on this podcast. If you're looking for rah-rah tales to stroke your ego, this ain't the show for you. But if you're ready for a good ol' dose of TRUTH, let's go.
- fear of success, sounds like it's BS but it's REAL.
- finding comfort in discomfort
- "you can never separate the good from the bad, the planned from the messy, the success from the failure, it all comes together in one package."
- acceptance and change must be at the root of your goal setting
- a look at life coaching
- morning routine
- investing in a personal brand, how much should you spend?
- how to outsource your weaknesses and maximize your strengths
- comparing yourself to others in your industry
- the idea that one day you'll feel like you've "made it" -- is it just an illusion?
- an education in marketing, how jacquie learned to promote her business after moving to a new city
- how do you identify what makes you DIFFERENT?
- finding your ideal client
- mindset and manifestation, what should we know?
- scaling a business for growth
- how does social media affect our self-esteem?
- when is it healthy, and when it is dangerous for our self-worth?
- we need to shift our perspective on METRICS and what these numbers actually mean...
- internet friends vs. real friends (they're not created equal!)
- the highlight reel problem, and how it affects the tolerance of our "messiness"
I shot 387 photo sessions in 10 months and lived to tell about it.
And then some asshole on Facebook told me I was stealing food out of his kids' mouths and ruining the industry.
Looking back I know this was my business bootcamp, and I'm sharing the highs and lows in this episode.
- a special episode in honour of world down syndrome day, about the birth of my niece Evelyn
- optimism in the face of life's biggest curveball
- one of the most talked about episodes since the podcast's launch, a must-listen that will fill you with positivity and a deeper understanding of gratitude.
- a term I'm calling "the lazy brain," which tells you it's okay to put your feet up and relax once your business takes off
- lazy brain is a liar, because there's always someone who is hungry for your spot in the market
- tips for staying on top of your customer care in your small business, no excuses
- what is your most valuable deliverable -- don't skip this step!
Don't mind the salty title, this episode has a wholesome message about learning to be intentional with every minute in your day.
In this unabashedly honest episode, I'm talking about the power of saying no, and what it really feels like to take selfish CARE of your star player (that's you.)
- a few rules of thumb for sharing photos you didn't take
- tips for keeping your feed authentic, even if it's curated
- if you're a non-visual creator, like a writer or a speaker, I have some tips for producing visual content that doesn't require a camera
- if you're scared of posting "incorrectly," we can fix that
Have a question?
Looking to collaborate?
Or simply hoping to say "hi"?.