April 26, 2019
Episode 34 – My Biggest Failure When one door closes, another opens — isn’t that the quote we’ve heard a hundred times? Well it doesn’t make it any more bearable, that’s for sure. We’re coming up to the two year anniversary of my biggest failure and I’m just now coming to terms with WHY it […]
April 10, 2019
It’s 30 days worth of celebrity gossip in a single episode and that should be all the info you’ll need to hit play. Someone pour the tea because we’re talking big news including a Hollywood proposal, a photoshop scandal, a slanderous documentary, an alleged affair between bandmates, PLUS — someone got a hamster and it […]
February 22, 2019
Episode 21 – #LKDigest: Ryan Lochte, Root Canals, & The Next Bachelorette I suck at newsletters. So I’d like to introduce you to the next best thing: The LK Digest, AKA the audio version of a catch up session. Say goodbye to formality and structure, because we’re talking about everything under the damn sun in this […]
February 4, 2019
Sharing this story has been on my big picture to-do list for years. I am so thankful for the scribbles and notes I saved from all those years ago, which helped to connect the events and the way that they unfolded. It’s funny how time passes and your perspective changes. Maybe Justin Bobby was right, […]
December 21, 2018
I recorded this episode after a night of drinking at my husband’s work Christmas party. My voice is rough and groggy and I secretly wish it stayed like that all the time. Guess I’ll pour myself another vodka soda and do it in the name of podcast homework… Episode 09 – How to be an Asshole […]
December 13, 2018
Just in time for your next holiday party, friends… Episode 07 – We’re All Just a Bunch of Socially Paranoid Freaks Good news, you’re not a weirdo. Turns out we’re all just a bunch of socially paranoid freaks and it’s in our biological makeup. In light of this news, you may as well decide to have […]
November 26, 2018
In the past, I had had clients inquire about whether or not I would be featuring their wedding photos on my photography blog. But whenever it came up, a simple explanation that I simply cannot and choose not to blog every single wedding, for a number of reasons ranging from time and the inability to […]
November 6, 2018
I scribbled notes on an airplane. Words like “motivation” and “inspiration,” “hustle” and “drive.” I wrote out all the things that I thought my podcast would offer. At the time it was just a tiny little sprout of an idea, barely any steps had been made to take it from a few cells in my […]
You know that girlboss who you totally admire and would LOVE to pick her brain over coffee? Well, here's your chance to hear her speak about everything from the tips that make her so successful, to where she finds motivation on any given workday.
Regardless of the industry, our goal is to bring value and show a side of the business you've never seen before.
Gimme a double-high-five emoji if you sometimes fall prey to those nasty, negative thoughts that tell you you'll never reach your goals, so you may as well quit now.
Here's the thing, you can actually turn DOWN the volume on that negativity, and turn UP the volume on the positive. Trust me when I say it's a total game changer to make that switch. And you deserve it.
Need someone to grab you by the shoulders and give you a good shake?
I can be that girl.
There's no coddling, no sugar-coating, no people pleasing on this podcast. If you're looking for rah-rah tales to stroke your ego, this ain't the show for you. But if you're ready for a good ol' dose of TRUTH, let's go.
- fear of success, sounds like it's BS but it's REAL.
- finding comfort in discomfort
- "you can never separate the good from the bad, the planned from the messy, the success from the failure, it all comes together in one package."
- acceptance and change must be at the root of your goal setting
- a look at life coaching
- morning routine
- investing in a personal brand, how much should you spend?
- how to outsource your weaknesses and maximize your strengths
- comparing yourself to others in your industry
- the idea that one day you'll feel like you've "made it" -- is it just an illusion?
- an education in marketing, how jacquie learned to promote her business after moving to a new city
- how do you identify what makes you DIFFERENT?
- finding your ideal client
- mindset and manifestation, what should we know?
- scaling a business for growth
- how does social media affect our self-esteem?
- when is it healthy, and when it is dangerous for our self-worth?
- we need to shift our perspective on METRICS and what these numbers actually mean...
- internet friends vs. real friends (they're not created equal!)
- the highlight reel problem, and how it affects the tolerance of our "messiness"
I shot 387 photo sessions in 10 months and lived to tell about it.
And then some asshole on Facebook told me I was stealing food out of his kids' mouths and ruining the industry.
Looking back I know this was my business bootcamp, and I'm sharing the highs and lows in this episode.
- a special episode in honour of world down syndrome day, about the birth of my niece Evelyn
- optimism in the face of life's biggest curveball
- one of the most talked about episodes since the podcast's launch, a must-listen that will fill you with positivity and a deeper understanding of gratitude.
- a term I'm calling "the lazy brain," which tells you it's okay to put your feet up and relax once your business takes off
- lazy brain is a liar, because there's always someone who is hungry for your spot in the market
- tips for staying on top of your customer care in your small business, no excuses
- what is your most valuable deliverable -- don't skip this step!
Don't mind the salty title, this episode has a wholesome message about learning to be intentional with every minute in your day.
In this unabashedly honest episode, I'm talking about the power of saying no, and what it really feels like to take selfish CARE of your star player (that's you.)
- a few rules of thumb for sharing photos you didn't take
- tips for keeping your feed authentic, even if it's curated
- if you're a non-visual creator, like a writer or a speaker, I have some tips for producing visual content that doesn't require a camera
- if you're scared of posting "incorrectly," we can fix that
Have a question?
Looking to collaborate?
Or simply hoping to say "hi"?.